Sunday, December 27, 2009
Foundation Routine | MAC Face & Body
Even tho I live in a warm and sunny country, my complexion has been getting quite light as of late. My MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt (both in NC30) are too dark and orange for my complexion and I had to find a new solution.
I have been considering buying SFF in NC25 and probably will at one point, but for now I found a solution that works well and gives me great coverage and a pretty flawless finish.
As you might remember, I bought MAC's face and body foundation in C2 some time in summer.
C2 was too light for me during my tan summer months, but works really well in winter.
It blends into my skin effortlessly.
So these are the steps I am following:
1. Cleanse and moisturize skin - I let the moisturizer sink into skin for a good 5 minutes.
2. Apply 1st layer of the face & body foundation, let it dry for a few minutes. This is a very liquid foundation and it needs to dry before you can apply the 2nd layer. I found that warming the product in my hands and applying it with my fingers works best.
3. Apply 2nd layer of foundation on cheeks, as this is were I tend to get quite rosy. I then let it dry for a few minutes.
- On some days, I apply MAC's Select Cover-Up in NW20 to conceal my dark under eye circles. This is optional however and I often skip this step, especially when I get enough sleep. :)
4. Setting my foundation with Maybelline's Dream Matte Powder in 03 Golden Beige: I swirl my MAC 182 Kabuki into the powder and apply the product onto my skin. I find that this powder takes away the dewyness of the face & body and mattifies my face, leaving it flawless. I simply love it.
5. Last but not least, I apply my favourite blush and sometimes add Vanilla pigment on my cheek bones for an added highlight.
This is what it looks like:
Let me know what you think!