Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Product Review | Estee Lauder Double Wear Light

Being the foundation junkie that I am, I am always on the lookout for the perfect base. With most products I can usually tell pretty quickly whether or not they work for me.

This however wasn't the case with Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light Stay-in-place-make-up SPF 10.

After several months of testing, I feel that I can finally give you a well-rounded review.

This is what it claims: 

Claims to be sheer to medium coverage, lightweight and transfer-resistant with a natural finish. It also promises to stay in place for 15 hours.

Price Tag:

Around 28 GBP/ 40 EUR/ 35 USD.

Shade:

Estee Lauder has only 6 shades in this foundation. One of the issues I had with this foundation is that the shade doesn't match me during my paler months. I was matched to shade intensity 3.0. As a NC25 I found it too neutral and too dark, almost orange, to be worn during winter/spring. Only now, when I am around NC30-35 can I wear this foundation.

Consistency, scent and application:

The foundation is not too watery and not too thick and has almost no scent to it. It applies and blends easily into the skin. I found that a pea size amount is sufficient for a layer of sheer coverage. It covers the redness on my cheeks and some scarring. It is buildable without looking cakey.

When my skin is normal - slightly oily, Double Wear Light feels comfortable and lightweight. I found that this foundation was too drying during the winter months and I could only wear it comfortably during the summer months. It holds up for a full day and only requires minimal blotting around my t-zone after about 4-5 hours. This is pretty good, as my t-zone tends to get very oily after a few hours.

It gives a natural semi-matte finish.


Pros:
- light medium coverage
- blends in easily and feels lightweight
- natural semi-matte finish
- keeps oils at bay and is long wearing

Cons:
- may not be suitable for dry skins
- not fully transfer resistant
- may be difficult to find colour match

Final thoughts:
Double Wear Light is a decent high end foundation for every day wear. It's best suited for girls that don't need or want high coverage. I would not recommend this foundation to anyone with dry or oily skin.

Will I repurchase?
Probably not, as I do need a foundation that I can wear when my skin gets drier too.

 


top: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light 3; bottom: MAC SFF NC30

top: Estee Lauder Double Wear Light 3; bottom: MAC SFF NC30 - blended

Hope the review was helpful. Have you tried Double Wear light? What are your thought?

Love, 
Maya

9 comments:

  1. habe die noch nicht probiert. bin momentan sehr mit der bobbi brown skin foundation zufrieden. als nächstes werde ich mal mineralpuder ausprobieren!

    liebe grüße

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. die Bobbi Brown wollte ich auch mal ausprobieren. das Laura Mercier mineralpuder ist recht gut, wenn man es vertraegt.

      lg <3

      Delete
  2. I'll have to give it a try, I think! I find it so hard finding foundations to match my skin tone, though...

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. best to get colour matched and see if you can find a good match. i usually got for the light-medium shades with yellow undertones.

      Delete
  3. This looks great!! Thanks for the review :)

    Nice blog honey, hope you check out mine!
    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! amazing review! :)
    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. die tapete ist von jette jopp <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...