Friday, February 13, 2009

Initial Review | Revlon Colorstay Foundation

I have recently bought the Revlon Colorstay foundation for oily/combination skin in 150 Buff (which is an equivalent to NC20 - NC25). I thought I'd share with you my initial thoughts.

I may post an update in a couple of weeks.



Application: 4 out of 5 - Dries fast, so you have to work fast.
Packaging: 3 out of 5 - Comes in a glass bottle. The bottle doesn't have a pump, so be careful not to waste too much product and create a huge mess.
Colour Selection: 4 out of 5 - from what I checked
Coverage: 4 out of 5 - Medium - Medium Full Coverage
Texture: 5 out of 5 - Smooth, doesn't feel cakey and you can't feel the foundation at all. A big plus!
Staying power: 4 out of 5 - around 10 hrs, t-zone needs touch up after about 3 hours, even with a primer and finishing powder
Price: 5 out of 5 - around $ 10 to $ 14 - not bad at all

Will I buy this foundation again? Probably not, as I noticed some breaking out.

So, this is the 3rd time I am using this foundation. I am using the formula for oily/comb skin and I noticed that even though I have normal skin with an oily T-zone, this foundation doesn't stay put on my nose. I get sort of "patchy" parts where the foundation wears off. I always use a finishing powder on top, but it doesn't seem to help. Also, I am using a mineral finishing powder and I am not sure if the two go together. I will have to try with a different kind of powder on top.

Another thing I noticed is that I have been getting small zits on my nose and cheeks, which I usually don't get!! I am not sure if it's got something to do with the foundation or some other factors. I will need to observe this for a few weeks and then let you know.

Bottom line: If you have sensitive skin and your skin tends to break out from liquid foundations you might have to be wary, as this foundation too could break you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...